Monday, June 7, 2010

Welcome to R.R.O.

To all readers,

Peace, and welcome to the blog. There are plenty of Hip-Hop outlets on the internet, so it is likely important for you to know whether or not this site is for you. In deciding that, you probably need to assess the credibility of him who will be channeling the forthcoming news, insights, and opinions—the author…me. Rather than waste your time, I’ll give it to you straight. The majority of the rap music I listen to ranges between 1994 and 2004. That’s not, by any means, to suggest that I won’t listen to a classic ‘88 album like “The Great Adventures of Slick Rick”. Likewise, that’s not, by any means, to suggest that I won’t listen to a classic ’09 album like “Born and Raised”. In my opinion, dope music these days is a rarity, but it is far from extinct. That's the point of this blog. I’m not an expert, and I don’t know it all. Anyone who suggests to be so shouldn’t be taken seriously. I do know a great deal though, and I certainly know what I do like and what I don’t like. I’m feeling originality. I’m feeling boom-bap beats. I’m feeling complex flows. I’m feeling lyrics with substance. I’m feeling MCs with rhythm. I’m not feeling copycat choruses. I’m not feeling childish lyrics. I’m not feeling noisy-ass beats. I'm not feeling music without a cause (other than financial gain). I’m not feeling this newer, dumbed-down sound. I love a dope sample in the beat. I can’t stand a loud blow-horn in the beat. I love music with a message, not a gimmick. I love music for the art, not for the money. Music with soul is that music you feel. Music with sounds is that music you hear. Know the difference. I’m open-minded, and always looking to expand my catalogue. I’d be honored to help expand yours.

Peace,

WeX Allah

No comments:

Post a Comment